Dog sled adventures
"Extraordinary escapes for the unique minded"
Sled dog tours where you drive your “own” dog team across the Finnmark plateau or sit comfortably in the guide sled.
Engholm Husky farm, where Liv grew up holds 40-50 Alaska husky sled dogs, highly trained for long-distance racing, expeditions and tours. Join a day trips or overnights tours where you stay in mountain cabins or tent on the Finnmarks plateau or expeditions to the arctic sea. The tours are designed to be suitable for both experienced mushers and first-timers.
Visit www.engholm.no or talk to us about your sled dog adventure.
One day tour or multiple days adventures. A dog sled trip is a must do on your arctic winter holiday.
- Daytrip; 4-5 hours. Drive your dog sled with top trained dogs or enjoy the trip as a passenger. The trip takes you trough varied landscapes and is an interesting dog sledding adventure. From NOK 2.000 p.p incl. taxes
- Husky safari, 5 days. Maximum enjoyment with minimum of time. 3 days on tour to a mountain cabin. Guaranteed departures from December to May. From NOK 10.700 p.p incl. taxes
- Adventure week, 8 days. 3 days at the cosy Lodge with day trips. 1 daytrip with the sled dogs and 1 day trip with snomobile to a traditional sami reindeer herder with their reindeer herd on the plateau. 3 days on overnight tour with the sled dogs. Guaranteed departures from December to April. From NOK 18.700 p.p incl. taxes
- Round trip in Sameland, 8 days. Include meeting with a reindeer herder on his winter pasture. 6 days on tour, (Real thing, no “touristy”). Guaranteed departures from February to April. From NOK 21.700 p.p incl. taxes
- Safari to the Ice hotel, 7 days. Sled dog tour to the famous Alta igloo hotel (Ice hotel).
Sled dog practice is for the unique minded who relish the chance to learn new skills. Interesting experiences for dog lovers. *Private trips only. From NOK 25.800 p.p incl. taxes
- Expedition to the arctic sea, 11 days. Our most adventures tour with tent overnights. Designed to be suitable for experienced outdoor people. *Private trips only. From NOK 38.500 p.p incl. taxes
To help you create a tailor-made adventure, we need some initial information from you. Please send us an e-mail with minimum the following information:
- Your name
- Are you traveling alone or with others (name your travel mates)
- Your contact information
- Is this a private holiday or a corporate happening (e.g. team building, TV-production, networking)
- How many days you have
- What kind of activities you are looking for
- Preferred departure date
- Any special needs or other wishes
- Any medical issues we should know about
We will contact you as soon as possible and together we create the itinerary of your dream vacation or corporate happening.
For more information, please observe our "general information" page and pay special attention to our "booking terms and conditions" and the "Clothing & equipment" tab.